Getting your account setup right - Part 2
A few days ago I started posting about Refinders account setup.
Here is part 2 and it´s probably a bit more juicy, as I´m going to cover the optional connectors of Refinder.
Under "Download Connectors" on the Account Settings page, two separate pieces of software, the Refinder Outlook Connector and the the Refinder URL Handler are currently offered, which, once downloaded to your PC, greatly enhance the scope of Refinder.
Note, that these connectors require Microsoft Windows XP or higher and the .NET Framework (Version 3.5 or higher).
- After launching Outlook, a dialog window, titled "Refinder Options", appears.
- Click the "Connect" button, which causes your browser to display a Refinder page with an authorization request.
- Confirm by selecting "Authorize", which reloads the page, now displaying an "Access permitted" page with a 10-digit code in a box, which you need to copy and paste back into the "Refinder Options" window in the field labeled "Enter verification code".
- Select "Close" to finalize the Outlook Connector setup.
- To import Outlooks items in bulk go to the Outlook tab named "Refinder".
- Chose "Import" in the ribbon under the "Refinder" tab, to import all mails, tasks, notes, calendar entries, contacts or notes.
- "Your recent things" launches the browser, displaying the "Things" page.
- Similar, "Your Refinder profile" gives you quick access to the profile page.
- "Options" brings up the options dialog window, which you know already from the authorization procedure.
- Open an email (or any other outlook item) and look for the "Refinder" section in the ribbon.
- "Add to collection" lets you import this email directly into a Refinder collection.
- "Add to Refinder" simply adds it to Refinder as a Thing.
- Both actions trigger the appearance of the Refinder sidebar to the right of your mail window, inviting you to relate your email with other Things as well as recommending you further Things, which Refinder identified as probably relevant to the email you are just importing.
- "Show in Refinder" opens a previously imported item in the browser.
- "Create Note from selection" lets you import a highlighted part of the mail, e.g. a paragraph, as a Thing of type Note into Refinder.
- To deauthorize the Outlook Connector, go to "Authorized Connectors" in the "Account Settings" menu and uncheck the "Refinder Outlook Connector" box.
- To uninstall the connector from your Windows machine, use the program uninstall function from the Windows Control Panel.